Not a SHOW-OFF, just an idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodTurns

lots o' folks seem to like the bullet pens...I was staring at my part sshelf and thought the 45-70 cartridge looked about the same size as a cigar kit, PERFECT. just drill out the top. the nib end presses right in at the perfect length. pressed it up with half of an old pen from the bench (NO NEED TO CRITIQUE THE WOODWORK;)). Thought someone else might like to give it a try!

200791322324_big%20bullet.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bkc

Do you need to alter the kit at all to do up the 45-70 cigar? Everything matches up? I'm so new at pens I need SIMPLE lol

GoodTurns

glue in the center section, no tube in the lower section, press it together! The tip is about as tight as if you pressed it into a tube. I've seen several slimline bullets, but thought this would work.

GoodTurns

leaving the centerband made it the perfect length when retracted, without it, there was a touch of ballpoint showing...easy enough to shorten the ink tube if you were inclined.

bkc

Not knowing much about kits either [:I] is it a specific cigar kit? Or should any cigar kit work?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Beat me to the show. I just got the same cartridges the first of the week but haven't had time to work with them yet.

GoodTurns

I THINK the nib ends are the same on the various cigars, they do differ at the center, but should not be an issue.

I might have to hunt up some antler to try to make a REAL show-off (not a prototype).

alamocdc

I did this one a little over a year ago. Not 45-70, but .45 ACP. Lots of work and not sure I'll try another, but it was an interesting experiment. The other material is antler and I turned the CB down some for the fit.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200612703444_cigUG_antlerFcasing.jpg
<br />

EDIT: Dang it! One of these days, I'll learn the difference between the "Preview" button (my intention) and "Post".[:(!][:I]

Nice go of it! Keep experimenting.

GoodTurns

Billy-
Is yours made from 2 cartridges? can't see the top clearly. Did you drill out the antler, add to the casing then turn down to final?

alamocdc

Yes, two cartridges. One at each end. I drilled each casing to just fit the tubes, then drilled the antler and glued it up. Cut a tenon on the casing end of each piece of antler so that it would just fit inside the casing.

Editted to correct fat fingering the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom