Not Really Thrilled with this pen BUT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Swagopenturner

I'm not really too thrilled with the Southwest pen kit from PSI. Having said that, I did sell the Tuquoise Tru-Stone one to the first customer who saw it! Anyone else having good (or bad) luck with it? C and C please!

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 125
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

I bet that cactus display does not allow for many of your pens to walk off!! LOL I think with all the bling and in blue, that turquoise is going to be the best bet. They are all beautiful pens are the other two antler??

I tried a rattlesnake display, but I couldn't get the darn thing to stay still long enough! Yes, the other two are antler. I'm still amazed the color differances between the two antlers. The one is almost pure white while the other has an awful lot of gray.

Quality Pen

well the best C & C you could get is... if your goal is to sell pens and you dont own it anymore then you did well ;)

I think they are nice pens. Are they for me? No, but I definitely appreciate their uniqueness and how they could be perfect for some people!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice looking pen's, your fit and finish is top notch. I cant say I like the kits as one I would want just not my style.

Akula

I like that kits and have got more requests than I can fill. I'm just waiting for more to get in stock so I can get my hands on them.

So far, the only drawback for me is the very soft metal in the coupler. I did mess up one in a hurry LOL

rossvh

I'm not really too thrilled with the Southwest pen kit from PSI. Having said that, I did sell the Tuquoise Tru-Stone one to the first customer who saw it! Anyone else having good (or bad) luck with it? C and C please!

I've done 4 in the past few days and have sold all of them. No segmenting - just deer antler. You have a really nice variety - now you've got me thinking.:roll eyes:

My only real concern with this pen is the weight. Drop it and it could hurt you! But pewter is heavy and deer antler doesn't help.

Nice job!
Ross

Ross;
What other materials are your customers looking for with this pen? Or do they just want to see antler? I always remind my customers not to drop any pen that I make, especially the Tru-Stone ones.

rossvh

Amen to that!

All four of the pens were straight deer antler. I just came in from the shop and am segmenting - at a 30 degree angle - a 1/4" piece of turquoise blank on both pieces. Am "patiently" waiting until tomorrow to turn. There's a Southwest clothing/jewelry store downtown that I'm talking to about these pens. The owner loved them and so I am also thinking of some southwest segmented wood blanks that she wants to see.

Right now I have a neighbor who gets me all the deer antler I need so it's very easy to stick with that, but I want to get more creative since antler can be rather boring by itself.

What are your thinking might work?

Ross

Marko50

Big mover in the Southwest USA

I would imaging those kits would sell well in the state just South of you…New Mexico. You'd be able to move them in short order in the Four Corners area too:)

Mesquite has always sold very well here. Segmented with Turquoise is a great way to mix things up and use up some of those little pieces of Turquoise I always have around. Antler works well here too. Now I need ideas for other materials that would look "right" on this pen.

Top Bottom