Not quite a pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Here's my first bottle stopper. Any and all comments and critqiques are welcome, it is how I learn. :) There is a VA state quarter inset in the top, and the PR is of my own casting. The stopper itself is stainless steel. This was also my first attempt at using the buffing system, so any hints/tips on how to improve that would be welcome as well. Did the tripoli and white diamond, no top coat.

20061019221524_BS2006-01SSPRVAquarterCS.jpg

Thanks for looking and for any comments. Should items such as this go here or in Casual Conversation? Mods feel free to move if in the wrong location.

Cheers,
James

kenwc

If that's your first you're gonna have alotta fun...looks great. Did you use epoxy to hold the coin in? I have some of those SS stoppers on order as well.

This probably should go in the casual conversation area though. BTW, are you aware of thee Bottle Stopper forum on Yahoo? Nuthin but Bottle Stoppers 24/7/365.

Skye

Really like the blank. Reminds me of a flamejob.

Before I scrolled down it looked like a 'tobacco smoking pipe'.

Draken

Thanks for the comments, and yes I will be having a lot of fun with these bottle stoppers. I was not aware of the group on Yahoo, but I barely have enough time to keep up with this site, so I probably won't be visiting over there.

My goal when casting was to make it look like fire, so I poured the red first. Second came the orange, which was heavier than the red and displaced it. I was bummed to say the least, but figured, what the heck. So I poured the yellow last, and turns out it was the heaviest of them all and displaced the other two colors. So the colors swapping gave it some interesting swirls and I think it came out better than had it worked like I originally planned. When mixing colors, I never wait for the colors to gel before pouring the next.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom