Not pretty wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
New photo in post #6

Every once in awhile I turn plastic...some might even call them pretty plastic pens. :cool:

attachment.php

Thank you to all who look and a special thanks to those who leave comments or suggestions.

Attachments

• _DSC0775.jpg
    _DSC0775.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 918
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

That is awesome, I love the florets on the blank....As always be it wood or man made your is to strive for.

Crap.....now I'll have to try to make a few "pretty wood pens".

David Keller

It's a beautiful pen, and I love the pattern. It does seem like there are some streaks in the finish, but that may just be the photos.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you all for the comments. Jim, you are right about one thing. The photo really stinks. I tried the lazy man's way of just changing the backdrop without changes the camera settings, lighting or anything. The backdrop reflected right onto the pen! Here's a new photo. Fire away!

attachment.php

And Roy, you stay away from making wood pens. I've got enough competition! :cool:

Attachments

• _DSC0782.jpg
    _DSC0782.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 777

witz1976

Lou your work is always inspiring, this is no exception! It still could be the photo, but I am seeing streaks running length wise on the cap only. The pen body looks absolutely stunning which is why I am thinking it is the photo.

Either case very nice work!

IPD_Mrs

Looks great Lou - as usual!!! I just wonder when you are going to convince that pretty wife of yours to start helping out with your endeavors?? If you do we are all in trouble!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Dan, I'm thinking it may be the light tent material that is being reflected. I haven't photographed lucite before and it may be more reflective than PR.

Hans, this is a customer design which, fortunately for me, was re-drawn by Constant Laubscher and engraved. All I had to do was paint it. My customer is very protective about his design.

Mike and Linda, she helps by keeping me motivated!

Again, thank you for the welcome comments.

witz1976

Dan, I'm thinking it may be the light tent material that is being reflected. I haven't photographed lucite before and it may be more reflective than PR.

Hans, this is a customer design which, fortunately for me, was re-drawn by Constant Laubscher and engraved. All I had to do was paint it. My customer is very protective about his design.

Mike and Linda, she helps by keeping me motivated!

Again, thank you for the welcome comments.

I figured as much as there was no streaking on the lower barrel. Again, very nice work though!

Top Bottom