Not Pretty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I turned these 20 pens on Sunday, they are not pretty, but in a week or so wthe will be in the hands of Canadian Armed Forces men and women on a peacekeeping mission in Egypt. To date I have sent 67 pens out on my Pens For Canadian Peacekeeper Project. I am working on a web site now for this project.

20053843351_IMG_1114.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

Not pretty my a**. Those are nice looking. I like the variations and experimentation on the CBs. Some are a little fat for my taste but they look great.

Tom McMillan

HMMMMM, guess you said "not pretty" just to get our attention. Those all look absolutely great---nice work and a bunch of nifty looking centerbands!!!!!! Nice work, and I think it's great to honor those doing such service for their Country!!!

Gary

Jim, those look great. I can't seem to turn and finish 5 pens in a weekend much less 20. Very nice job....and what a great cause!

Brent

very nice looking pens and for a good cause. I really like your center bands. I have been looking for threads about center bands on this forum. I am going to take the big plunge and try some soon.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Brent
<br />I have been looking for threads about center bands on this forum. I am going to take the big plunge and try some soon.
If you haven't already, read the article by our very own Scott Greaves. The part on centerbands is in the "Slimline" section. http://www.penturners.org/content/aaw-winter03-36-41pens.pdf

tipusnr

Good job and great cause. Sometimes with our "freedom pen" projects and news coverage of events we tend to forget that the U.S. isn't the only country with men and women away from home and "in harm's way".

JimGo

Jim, great job, and for a most worthy cause! I like the different centerbands. I am thinking of giving that a try soon.

wpenm

Good job Jim. Anything that we can do to show support for our young troops is a great cause. These men and women are doing a fine job and when you stop and think about it, a large number of them just finished high school. Cheers to all who sereve our countries.

Originally posted by dougle40
<br />They look great to me Jim . What's the story on the pens for our military guys and gals ???
Being ex-Canadian Navy , I just might be interested .

Hi Doug,

I have started a project on my own, I have named it Pens For Canadian Peacekeepers. The following link tells my story so far;

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/messages.pl?noframes;read=208593

I am also working on a web site to help make this happen, I was inspired by the Freedom Pen movement in the USA, I wanted to make a project that fit Canada and Canadians...and so far it's growing and making a difference already for our men and women overseas.

Take care,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom