Not as planned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ladycop322

ladycop322

So, last night I planned on turning a blank I made with acorn tops and another 4 color cast as well. The four color cast was too thin so when I drilled the hole for the Sierra, it wouldn't have worked. So for someone like myself, who does not care for slimlines, I guess I will be making a few...lol

I drilled for the acorn tops and it was great, until I got about half way through turning. There were A LOT of voids and I just didn't have it in me to be challenged by a blank.

So, I used a piece of maple burl and turned this beautiful pen! I purchased the kit from Jon David Jones of SIGNATURE PEN SUPPLY. Awesome kit and great look with this wood.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_1601.JPG
    DSC_1601.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_1602.JPG
    DSC_1602.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 326
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

You will Indiana Parrothead...I'm not finished with that challenge lol. I will make some slimlines or a few seam rippers for my friends.

Fay Prozora

Please don't feel bad about the voids and how the blanks may not be right, That pen is beautiful. I was upset about the last batch of blanks I casted and they turned out having huge bubbles and I had to toss them. This time I casted blanks and only got one pen blank that turned out and the rest of them turned white and yuck! The pressure pot only worked just one time and that was it but I did cast a nice size blank and I can get 2 bottle stoppers or handles for some thing out of that. I'm out of stuff now but will be ordering more stuff come pay day. Will be going back to my shop tomorrow and if there is room then I will take my pressure pot there and work with it more. Any way, keep up the great job you are doing on your pens. I hope to be turning pretty ones one of these days too but to get nice blanks will be another thing. My pressure pot still has leaks I can't find. Fay

Top Bottom