Not perfect......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

I was aiming high here.

This is a kitless pen which I've anodised three colours. I wanted slight discolourations on the butterflies which has worked on some of them to give a patterned wing. others unfortunately look too rough.

I wanted to fade the black from top to bottom. this has worked somewhat.. though I feel it could be better.

It's been a fun project, and I've learned some do's and dont's.

I think this rules masked anodising as a successful process, albeit challenging. I will perfect it in the future... watch this space :)

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• butterflyopen.jpg
    butterflyopen.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 259
  • butterfly2.jpg
    butterfly2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 191
  • butterfly1.jpg
    butterfly1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just thinking out loud...

If there were more butterflies on the blanks (double or triple), with the same random imperfections, it might seem that the imperfections were a design element - especially if they were random (some more prominent, others less).

Butterfly wings are often tattered and faded in spots. The circle of life.

I like the pen!

bluwolf

I agree with Mark. But I'm sure that's a lot of work already. Nope, not perfect but still pretty impressive.

Mike

BradG

Thanks all. Though I can see this one going in a tank of caustic and starting again!

I love the concept, but the conclusion didn't match my theory. That will always bug me! :)

BradG

after stripping it all off and starting over, its now on the boil. here's hoping when i peel the masking off the colour stays!

Top Bottom