Not my 1st, but close to it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Well, I've been around this forum for a while. Mostly I've just been learning, and slowly gathering the tools I needed to start turning. The other pens I've turned are pretty ordinary as I didn't want to "Learn" on the good stuff.

But this pen was a complete surprise. In fact the blank came from a board that I got for free that was filler on a larger order. There was only a hint of pink on the surface of the board, but it sure showed itself when I cut it into blanks. Even then, I never thought it would end up looking this nice. Now I wish I'd saved it for a higher end pen kit.

The best part is my daughter loves it. It's a lot more glossy than the picture shows. I just can't seem to take great pictures. Comments & suggestions are appreciated.

Kathypen1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Thanks for all the kind words. It's always fun to find out what's inside a piece of wood. It's one of the reasons I like buying blocks, and cutting them myself. Sometimes you find diamonds, and I'm rarely disappointed.

wiset1

I don't normally like these slimlines, but this one looks so amazing. So since your daughter loves it, did you give it to her? Would be nice to keep that one in the family

BSea

I don't normally like these slimlines, but this one looks so amazing. So since your daughter loves it, did you give it to her? Would be nice to keep that one in the family
Oh yes, I gave it to her. She was really impressed. I think my wife might have been a little green with envy. But my wife got my 1st error free pen, and I'm sure that I'll have to make her a few more.

I agree with you on the slimlines. They aren't my 1st choice, but they are great to learn on.

Edward Cypher

Nice burl, I think you are right it would have been outstanding on a larger kit. But hey your daugter likes it and that alone makes that slimline something special.

Top Bottom