Not intended to be a modified cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

I started out to make a standard cigar pen... but due to a small oversight on using the incorrect center bushing for the top barrel, I ended up modifying this one as well...

• Blank material is acrylester from WoodTurningz 'Molten Metal'
  • Centerband is pearlized black AA from BearToothWoods
  • Plating is black titanium.

Micromeshed to 12K then a rub down with TurtleWax rubbing compound cream.

Attachments

• IMGP3454.JPG
    IMGP3454.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 349
  • IMGP3455.JPG
    IMGP3455.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Been there done that!! Looks good, very natural look. I love the molten metal. I have one of those. I think I just may have to turn it soon. It looks very good. Great recovery.

That's why I like pen turning so much. I can screw it up and still come out of it with a decent pen if I just stay cool and think it through. Only another pen turner would ever know.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
VERY clever, Tony!!!

Bring it to the next meeting as a "show and tell" on how to "overcome" our "redesign opportunities"!!!!!

omb76

Very nice! I read the title and then looked at the pictures before reading the post and it took me a couple of seconds to see where the modification was done. You did good!

Jgrden

Heck, looks natural to me. Maybe you should market these pens. They are just a little better for the ladies section. (I'll catch flak for that one).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tony just stopped in and yes, it would be a GREAT ladies pen!! Does require a little modification of the kit centerband that could be daunting to some---but it IS worth it IMO and Tony's pen looks very natural. Not as "top heavy" as the standard cigar, either.

Top Bottom