not a good week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from epigolucky

epigolucky

This was supposed to be a good week. I planned on spending some time in the shop, making some pens, a few Bash submissions, but life had other plans for me. Had to head to Chicago to help take care of my father who has been struggling with alcoholism, and was going through detox. Let me tell you, nothing seems worse than hearing the terrible things that comes out of a person's mouth as they go through detox. So he's doing better, and hopefully he decides to take the right steps to get better.

I came home Wednesday, back to work Thursday, back to my daily routine. Last night, our 7yo Cavlier King Charles Spaniel, has a seizure, and passed away in my wife's arms on the way to the hospital. Absolutely horrible.

So trying to focus on something positive after a challenging week, I'm putting up the pics of the pen I did complete.

-adam

Attachments

• 15_-_2.jpg
    15_-_2.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 15_-_1.jpg
    15_-_1.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That is one lovely pen !!! Thanks for posting. What is the wood, please ? I know the kit.

Sorry to hear about your troubles this week. I guess all of us can relate to those in some form or other, at some time or other.

Isn't pen-turning the most wonderfully relaxing, and distracting (!), hobby to turn to ? !! You can do something creative in a few hours and it doesn't cost a heck of a lot once you're set up. And then we have this supportive website to turn to. I value all the members who have helped me ... whether you know it or not, you have ! Thanks a lot !!

TonyL

Been though it with a close family number. My wife and I founded an Al-Anon Family Group at our church. Paradoxically, my wife and I don't drink ...just never acquired a taste for it. Well, that family member has been clean and sober for 3.5 years, but still one day at a time. Call or write any time.

We also have a Cavlier King Charles Spaniel and they are so lovable and close. I am praying for peace for you and your family. I am also praying for your father and his issues. Try to keep a good outlook things will work themselves out.

epigolucky

Thank you everyone for their words of support and prayers. It has been a tough week, but we are moving forward. I love how we are people from all parts of the world, but everyone is here for each other offering words of support or advice, whether it is pen making or life challenges. Thank you everyone.

My father is being discharged home from the hospital today, he is doing much better. Still trying to figure out next steps. My wife and I are still processing the loss of our little buddy. It's tough, the little things, like grabbing 2 treats instead of only needing 1 now, all those little reminders:frown:. But we're doing well, one day at a time.

Tony, i'll send you a PM, i'd like to hear more about your group.

Regarding the pen, it is spalted tiger oak. I picked up the blank at the Indy woodworking show a few weeks back from Barry Gross. It turned out really nice. It was also my first pen using pens plus, still working the kinks out, but I really like the warmth of the wood.

Once again, thanks everyone for their words of support, it means a lot!

Have a great week!

-adam

Super Dave

Adam, you and your family are in our prayers. Life gives us many challenges, sometimes all at once. Take things one day at a time. We wish you all the best.

Dave

Top Bottom