Not a clue...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
OK, since my status is probably below whale doo because I had no photo album, I have decided to cry uncle. I just do not get this photography thing. I have read lots of articles, tried lighting in more variables than I can remember, and I still dont understand why my photos dont come out looking _anything_ like the pen does.

I did upload one photo of a simple Corian Power Pen that I have been using to test my photo skills - or lack thereof. To get the photo to look like this, I did the one thing that _every_ article I have read said _not_ to do - and that is to use a flash. It's in my "Penhead" album.

I hope to upload more photos later and hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. This is _really_ frustrating.

I didn't even get to turn on the lathe tonight <sniff> ;(

JohnPayton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

C_Ludwigsen

Keep breakin' da rules, man!!! If it works, don't fix it. You may have just the right lighting balance in your house to make a flash work the way it SHOULD.

Take care.

Daniel

John,
All I can add to the above is to ask what you are not happy with in the photo? Not having senthe original pen the photo looks very well done. the details are coming through no distracting shadows. it is not washed out or to dark. and the subject catches my attention. in other words when I look at it I instantly see a pen. not background, or other distracting additions. But only you know what you are trying to achieve. and if this is not it then some idea of what is or is not in the photo for you is needed.

M

Mudder

Like me, I think you are your worst critic.

Your pen looks fine, keep up the good work.

ilikewood

I agree...nice work!!

BTW- You should NEVER be satisfied with a pen you make!! Don't get me wrong, but this is the way you always push to make them better. Let others be satisfied/impressed with your work and they will be. I lost track a long time ago how many pens I have made (somewhere over 800 I think) and not a single pen has left this shop where I didn't say "I think I could of done that one just a bit better".

KEEP BEING A RETENTIVE PERFECTIONIST!!!!!! [8D] Your pens speak for themselves.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Added an Olive Wood Cigar pen. Same photo procedure - had to use a flash to get the pic to come out...one day I'm a gonna figure out why I have to use the flash.

JohnPayton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom