not bad for a couple days work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

so I posted the other day that I had prepped all those blanks, I figure I better show the results.

The two green Pacificas (Sierras) are already sold (special thanks to Terry aka TD for helping on the blanks) and of the Barons,three are already sold. All the others will be up on my site after I take proper pics. And since it sold three more pens today, including the Prairie Rattler, I don't get to rest.

Two Lime green swirl Pacificas
Two of my IBO Pacificas
a Teak Burl Sedona
Four Russian-Olive Burl Barons

Red Mallee Burl and Chrome Cigar
Afzilia Burl and Chrome Cigar
Ebony and Gold Ti Cigar
Two IBO and Platinum Cigar
BOW and Ti Gold Cigar
Green BEB and Chrome Cigar

Attachments

• fourand five.jpg
    fourand five.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 293
  • seven cigars.jpg
    seven cigars.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

talbot

Lots of nice pens Mike although the Sierras and Barons are fatter than I personally prefer.
I dont think I could make so many pens in two days, my knees would give in I think.
regards, Bill

woody350ep

you don't deserve a break if you are selling them!!!

if you don't mind my asking, how much did you get for the pens? Inquiring minds and all

Russianwolf

you don't deserve a break if you are selling them!!!

if you don't mind my asking, how much did you get for the pens? Inquiring minds and all

The three that sold yesterday were a Rattler Sedona Rollerball at $110, a Buffalo Horn Sedona Rollerball for $95, and Honduras Rosewood Burl Cigar for $50.

Russianwolf

how do you finish your bog oak, the last time i used ca it left it looking like plastic

On the IBO, I use CA only to stabilize sections if they are a bit punky. and to seal the grain. I then sand up to about 4000 grit then polish the wood with EEE and apply either a wax based finish or a light coat of Lacquer and wait a week minimum for it to cure. The ones above are wax based finishes, so you can still feel the wood and I include instructions on how to maintain them.

One of the first pens I sold, about 2 years ago was an IBO with this wax finish and I take a look at it every couple months and it's doing beautifully. And it's used daily by one of my friends.

akbar24601

I have to side with Bill and say that the Sedonas, Barons and Pacificas look a little too beefy. Have you tryed turning them with less body mass?

A wonderful assortment of blanks though, and a nice production ratio. Congrats on the sales!

Russianwolf

I have to side with Bill and say that the Sedonas, Barons and Pacificas look a little too beefy. Have you tryed turning them with less body mass?

A wonderful assortment of blanks though, and a nice production ratio. Congrats on the sales!

I've got some people who like them B2B and some that like more to them. I turn them both ways so the clients get choices. What I like only matters to me, so I don't pay too much attention anymore.

Come to think of it, LOML tend to not pay too much attention to what I think anymore too, so I must be doing something right. :eek:

bitshird

Nice bunch of pens mike, I agree I'll make it any way the customer wants, I will however on occasion ask them to not reveal where they got it or who made it. :clown:

Top Bottom