Northern Lights Zen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is a Black Titanium Zen doen in a home cast that I like to call Northern lights. It is blue and violet with painted tube and reverse painted blank.
This is the 3rd try to get one together without the paint messing up on the tube/reverse paint. sanded and polished with Novus heavy and fine scratch remover. Comments bad or good welcome.
IMG_6111.JPG
IMG_6112.JPG
IMG_6114.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks for the comments everyone.
And yes Jason I finally got it but another pen I did today had the same problem. I dont know if it is the humidity and the paint is not drying (I gave it around 20 hrs to dry) or if it is the paint. (enamel)

t001xa22

Your pen, your work, and the casting are absolutely beautiful. I attached a pic of a Round Top I did a while back with a commercially-cast blank of the same name, but as you can see, it is nothing compared to yours. I have got to try the Zen pens someday, too. Thanks for the look.

Last edited:

wizard

Brian, That is an absolutely gorgeous pen. Your skills at casting are literally out of this world. That pen definitely has a cosmic and soothing look to it. Very definitely reminds of the Northern Lights too!! Thanks for showing! Regards, Doc:)

reddwil

Brain very nice cast. I made a batch a few weeks back that look sort of the same for the Pen for Hope. Had a request for a pink and purple and thats how it came out. Mine came out a little more transparent in the pink, and of course I didn't paint the tubes on the first one...so you konw the rest.

Top Bottom