North Star

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

North Star also called the Pole Star or Polaris, is the star that the earth's axis points toward in the Northern sky. I haven't seen it in real life, but this blank has aroused my interest to do so.! Amos

Attachments

• P1020846 (Medium).jpg
    P1020846 (Medium).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 241
  • P1020859 (Medium).JPG
    P1020859 (Medium).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 177
  • P1020861 (Medium).jpg
    P1020861 (Medium).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 154
  • P1020863 (Medium).JPG
    P1020863 (Medium).JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 141
  • P1020862 (Medium).JPG
    P1020862 (Medium).JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

That's awesome looking. The green is really a cool addition. It gives that northern lights effect. I don't know if they have any type of aurora borealis in the south, but it's a spectacular thing to see in person! I'm the type of person that thinks everyone needs to experience the northern lights, and a shuttle launch. Amazing feats of man and nature!

TurnaPen

What's that under the clip-it is I "Wooden Ink" WI

Skip, laser engraved and colour filled. Amos
Jeff, like the idea of a Shuttle Launch! Amos

Attachments

• P1020875 (Medium).JPG
    P1020875 (Medium).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

cnirenberg

Amos,
Great job on another spectacular looking blank (well done Master Scroller). I do like the colors in the pen section, it does give that William Shatner "Space... the final frontier...." feel to it. Fantastic job for both of you.

altaciii

Did someone mention Star Trek? A beautiful blank made into a beautiful pen. Amos, once again you make another great looking pen. The fit and finish are great, I have two of those coming one, for inventory and one for me. (signs of an addict) I cant wait for them to get here.

My first question was the same as skiprat. And you know, this is seems to be a real nice way to sign your work. My pastor is always saying, surely there is a way to sign your pens so people know who made them. And short of putting a big ugly signature down the barrel, this seems like a nice, discreet, hidden yet visible signature. Nice work.
DJ

BTW, the design is really neat. I love the swirl on the lower barrel.

TurnaPen

I started putting my signature under the clip about a year or so ago, even the recent closed end pens like the Jnr. Emp has it, EXCEPT-I made a "mistake" on the Flame pen, I hit the "Outline Box" on the engraver and a box was engraved , I then put the initials inside the box, and it looked good, so i have given it another try with the box. Amos

workinforwood

You should do a poll or someone should, as to clip placement. Certainly there is no rule as to where the clip should go. Everyone has their own preference and reasons as to where it should go. In my opinion, the clip should be straight back from the image, not to the side of the image. If the clip is at the side of the image, then the opposite side of the image looks like an empty space. That's my theory.

dgscott

For you unfortunate Aussies who haven't seen it (but then we north of the equator have never seen the Southern Cross, either), here's a picture of the North Star.
:)
Doug

Attachments

• ns.jpg
    ns.jpg
    959 bytes · Views: 109

titan2

That's awesome looking. The green is really a cool addition. It gives that northern lights effect. I don't know if they have any type of aurora borealis in the south, but it's a spectacular thing to see in person! I'm the type of person that thinks everyone needs to experience the northern lights, and a shuttle launch. Amazing feats of man and nature!

Yes they do......it's call the Aurora Australis.

Here's a video clip of one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBhHJrH_Yk

This second clip is even better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icugqEEOgkg

Barney

Last edited:

TurnaPen

The complete blank came from Jeff(workinforwood). Jeff as to clip placement, do you mean the clip to go over the star?! or 180 degrees around from it?!
The reason I put it to the side is for LOOKS. that way when it sits in a box you see the star and bottom blank matching. Amos

workinforwood

The complete blank came from Jeff(workinforwood). Jeff as to clip placement, do you mean the clip to go over the star?! or 180 degrees around from it?!
The reason I put it to the side is for LOOKS. that way when it sits in a box you see the star and bottom blank matching. Amos

right, 180 around from it is what I do.

To the person curious if it was two blanks..no it was all from one blank. the swirls are near the bottom of the blank, the top is solid black.

Top Bottom