No video!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Spent a good part of the day making a vid of the making of this pen!

Was hoping to show how you can drill, turn, finish and buff, all on your lathe and with just a scroll chuck, adjustable mandrel, jacob's chuck and a live center.

Unfortunately, I am not at all happy with the video. So, here's the pen!!

I did like IT! Made of Alaskan birch burl (this piece has nice curl and some chatoyance). Not a flashy pen, but certainly a "keeper"!!

New (less than six months) Virage Rollerball hardware.

Thanks for looking!! Wood is from Rick P--our arctic circle traveler:eek::eek:

Attachments

• Alaskan fig birch.jpg
    Alaskan fig birch.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In light of the large number of new members, perhaps you don't know that I have made seventeen videos, that can be seen FREE, here

Lately, several people have called me to see what they need to start making pens. So, I had hoped to make this pen using ONLY the lathe (and my bandsaw, but that COULD be eliminated too). I was successful in doing it, but I recently set up a new area with the Jet mini and a different (for me) camera angle. I have concluded that it sucks!! Instead of seeing the assembly, you get a GREAT view of my shoulder (out of focus of course).

So, the video WILL come, but not today.

Thanks Ed.You do great videos.I appreciate your efforts,wherether[sp] up to your standards to show or not.Service is great ,too.Thanks for the blank.Made a beautifull pen.there will be future orders.

Top Bottom