See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Kits are from Aaron
2 on right are Gold ti
2 on left are Rhodium
Holly blanks from Big Rob

If you need to perfect your finishing, practice on a piece of Robs Holly. You will not get away with anything, it is so white you may as well forget about hiding a scratch mark in the grain. :eek:

All comments welcome, except about the photo, it is off limits. Especially to you Ronald. :bananen_smilies008:

Attachments

• Holly Retro 00001a.jpg
    Holly Retro 00001a.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I had never turned it before either for the same reason. Solution was I turned it down to the bushings, pulled out the calipers, found an old feather duster with a solid white plastic handle. Took it to the bandsaw and chopped it up. Drilled a 1/4' hole through the pieces, stuck them on the lathe and turned my own bushings which I switched to using for the final sanding and finishing. I'm sure I wore them down a bit by the 4th pen but I'll just toss em and tear up another feather duster in the future. It worked quite well as there was NO dark material to get in the grain.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yeh , it stunk with no race this week , but a GOOD one next week . These are some pretty pens Landon . They look darn close to Eds Alt. Ivory . Thanks for the tip about the handle . I suppose I should have a set too . Good work .

rdunn12

Those are nice Landon.I like em,real classy looking.You watch Nascar in Nebraska?Wow,you should come visit me and we will go to Talladega.Only an hour and a half from here.Then you could experience Nascar the way it is supposed to be.You know a bunch of drunks yelling and having good ole time.No comment on the photo.:biggrin::biggrin:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pens, Landon! And I really love your improv to keep the holly white! What a great idea.

Top Bottom