No More Apple Pie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

The 30-40 year old apple tree on my in-laws farm just decided to fall after slowly drying over the past few years. We will miss that old tree after so many years of enjoying Grannies apple pie. I made Granny this Elegant Beauty from a piece of wood from the tree for rememberance. Comments are always welcome. Thanks for viewing.

1_EB_Apple_02a.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
The photo is showing so large it goes off my screen. But thats a gorgeous piece of wood and you've made it into a beautiful pen!

She's going to love it! Yup.

Bree

Lovely. I have some Eastern Red Apple wood blanks and I am kind of wanting to make a pen from them too.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

les-smith

Now that is a nice looking piece of wood. If Grannie's pie tasted as good as that pen looks then you guys had it good.

robutacion

Hi louisbry,

Certainly I stunning looking piece of wood you got on then pen...! well done.

I regularly put myself in that situation, here a old tree has to go, or is already down, and people have great emotional connections to that tree, I always make sure that I will let them know that I will make something (bowl, plate, plater, vase or pen) out of that tree wood, and return to them when ready (sometimes they have to wait quite a bit if the timber is too green!).
But in the end, that's the reaction from the people that owned the tree, that I get so my enjoyment from, when the time comes to bring the gift to them! It may not look much, but certainly means a lot to them, and that is enough for me!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom