No kits were harmed with this pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soligen

soligen

This is my first kitless pen. Make from PR MM to 24k then buffed. All threads made from aluminum. The tip is the Schmidt Cartidge Rollerball system that take FP ink. The clip is made from 1/16 SS rod.

1_DSCN1115b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Beautiful job on this one Dennis !!!! Great design and workmanship . You have traveled lightyears in a very short time my friend . Great job on the clip too !!!

PenMan1

Nice chops, Dennis! I see a very steady and deliberate improvement in each piece that you post. Nice lines, solid execution and looks like it would be fun to write with.

Very nicely done.

IPD_Mrs

Well Dennis this pen has put you on a new level and I think you can stand toe to toe with some of the big guys on here now. I am totally amazed at how far you have come in such a short time. Puff that chest out and be proud. You earned it.

soligen

Thanks for all the compliments.

Several people asked about the clip.

It is attached by pressint it into 2 little holes with a dab of epoxy in each. I made sure that the holes were drilled into the tenon on the end cap so there was enough material to support the clip stress.

ALthough there are caps on both ends, I completed both as closed end so the transitions are completely undetectable by feel.

Last edited:

cnirenberg

Dennis,
Great job, I love it. I saw your most recent post on clean threading and had to see your pen. I like the way you thought through it. The threading is well done and I'm a big fan of the clip. Not enough time in the day, even when Steven gave me the how to about a year and a half ago....

soligen

Dennis,
Great job, I love it. I saw your most recent post on clean threading and had to see your pen. I like the way you thought through it. The threading is well done and I'm a big fan of the clip. Not enough time in the day, even when Steven gave me the how to about a year and a half ago....

The little divots I mention in the otehr thread dont show on the pic.

wizard

Absolutely beautiful pen and well designed pen in all respects! Your work is inspiring. I got a metal lathe and need to push myself to go ahead learn to do threading and try a kitless pen. Thanks so much for showing. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom