NittanyLion Maple Burl in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I got this blank from ClassicNib, it is one of Steve's(nittanylion) great stabilized burl pen blanks. As you can see this is a beauty.

il_570xN.569601856_jv3x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

That is a gorgeuous pen. Great gain, and well made. Fit and finish are really nice. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for all of the compliments guys but the show stopper here is that beautiful piece of wood. We are so blessed here to see some of the finest pieces of wood on earth. I am constantly amazed by the beauty that we are all blessed to see here. The only thing I did here was bring out what was already there. Isn't it just amazing if you think about it that way.

Edward Cypher

Very modest!!

Very modest but I think you deserve a lot of credit, yes the wood is beautiful but you brought it to the surface and pared it with a great kit, making the entire thing awesome!!! The parts individually are nice but when combined they are gorgeous.:):)

Thanks for all of the compliments guys but the show stopper here is that beautiful piece of wood. We are so blessed here to see some of the finest pieces of wood on earth. I am constantly amazed by the beauty that we are all blessed to see here. The only thing I did here was bring out what was already there. Isn't it just amazing if you think about it that way.

OKLAHOMAN

Wow!!! Wow!!! you sure made that wood pop.

Steve, please don't tell me your out:eek:, now go get your chain saw ,tramp through the woods and find some more:wink:. Your public wants your wood.:biggrin:

Great job on that Mike. Those blanks are some of my all-time favorite. Almost wish Roy didn't talk me out of all of them and I had kept some. I love your job on the finish....really makes that grain POP!

OZturner

It is incredible that such a small piece of timber can contain so many Beautiful Variations and Attributes.
The Colour and Grain in that Burl, is something else.
Mike, your choice of Kit, your Superb Fit and Finish has brought that raw material to a Pen of Immense Beauty.
Congratulations Mike and Steve.
Brian.

Top Bottom