Nittany Lion Cherry Burl in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I purchased a cherry burl from Steve, it came in, I cut it up and died some in the toaster oven for 3 day until I got 7% moisture then I stabilized and cooked it some more. Some of this burl has red in it that is just spectacular. Well anyway here is the first of many pens I am going to make from this beautiful cherry burl. Now with my cellar still partially flooded and my pump died I thought I might have to do this with hip boots on but I found another pump at Tractor Supply and got things under control again. I hate water..

il_570xN.584240986_tfzh.jpg

C&C welcomed as always. Hope you like it.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

A Spectacular Pen Mike.
A Glorious Blank, well matched to the Hardware.
Superb, Fit and Finish.
Congratulations.
Brian.
I am with you, a Basement full of water is no fun.
Glad you got a replacement Pump.

NittanyLion

Fantastic job finding that sweet blank in a 30lb basketball. Good thing you cut it up in time, I doubt it would float! As always, your finish is spectacular.....anxious to see more of your fine art.

I am not sure what is in the water down there is Pennsylvania but something is making the wood from your supply make crazy nice burls Steve. As you find other species please let me know so I can purchase more of them from you.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow Mike that is a stunning pen, outstanding job on the blank it beautiful, your fit and finish is superb. Glad to hear you got your water problem under control.

Top Bottom