Nike or even Nice?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

Not sure how I missed this as I usually scour the site for new rat pens.

This is another beauty, and I agree with a previous response that this pen is more elegance than bling.

Thank you for posting your work!

Yup that is a spectacular pen. If I had the machinery and the know how I would be trying one.
I can imagine trying to get Honduran rosewood inlays, resin inlays,brass inlays etc... it would be fun.

jaeger

Thanks for showing us another really nice pen. I know these pens keep inspiring me to try different styles/techniques.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the kind comments everyone:biggrin: Much appreciated.

Outstanding work Steven! Why not using silver solder instead of tin/lead soldering.

The melting point is quite low on the rods with high content silver and the color is closer to brass and would fill in very well. Just a thought.

Great idea Constant, I was hoping that the joint lines wouldn't have been so noticable, but now that I know, I'll try silver solder the next time.

As has been said, wood would look good and this is my goal. I've always loved Bruce Boone's Spyria (sp?) where he has wood inlays.
No matter what I do, I can't seem to keep the pale wood from getting filthy from the metal polishing. .........One day:rolleyes:

Top Bottom