"NightLightz" Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

This lil' bugger is Ebony and Aluminum on an Two Tone Wall Street II kit. CA finish. This is my first pic in my homemade photo tent. Please let me know what you think, good or bad so that I can improve them. Thanx.

Thanks for checkin' her out. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• NightLightz.jpg
    NightLightz.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 529
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow.. A BEAUTIFUL pen that matches the kit superbly.

As for the photo.. Great composition and lighting, but seems out of focus slightly.. or maybe artifacts of re-sizing? You said its a handmade lighting box.. did you handhold or on a tripod? Even a couple $ small tripod is better for pens - and make sure you set focus to macro.

akbar24601

Wow.. A BEAUTIFUL pen that matches the kit superbly.

As for the photo.. Great composition and lighting, but seems out of focus slightly.. or maybe artifacts of re-sizing? You said its a handmade lighting box.. did you handhold or on a tripod? Even a couple $ small tripod is better for pens - and make sure you set focus to macro.
Hey Dean,

Yeah, I hand held the camera. I am going to get a small tripod. I will look in to th setting of the focus. Thanx for your help, I certainly do appreciate it. :)

Nick

That is an beautiful pen and matches perfect. Great job, keep them coming.

Is the alum. around the wood and cast with clear? I will understand if you do not wish to reveal your secret

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Excellent job steve. Is that a kit or your own creation??? If it is a kit whose kit is it??? As far as the picture goes I am not photographer but it looks good to me.

akbar24601

Excellent job steve. Is that a kit or your own creation??? If it is a kit whose kit is it??? As far as the picture goes I am not photographer but it looks good to me.
Thanx John. It's my own creation. I guess the thought has gone through my head as to wether or not I should sell blanks that I make. Not sure if there would be any interest though.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Steve, I think you could definately sell your blanks... For quite the pretty penny too.. However, I think John was asking about the pen kit, not your amazing blank. I can't see that I've see a 2 tone sierra yet either.

akbar24601

Steve, I think you could definately sell your blanks... For quite the pretty penny too.. However, I think John was asking about the pen kit, not your amazing blank. I can't see that I've see a 2 tone sierra yet either.
I got this kit at my local Woodcraft store. GouletPens told me about Bear Tooth Woods who has a two tone copper kit as well. Pretty cool.

jttheclockman

Steve

Let me get this straight, the kit is from Bear Tooth Woods??? It is a two toned copper??? How does the plating on that one hold up??? It looks great. Also the blank is ebony with copper colored aluminum inbedded into the blank???? That is not a filagree on top??? Do you have any other close up photos of it??? That is pretty cool looking pen.

akbar24601

Steve

Let me get this straight, the kit is from Bear Tooth Woods??? It is a two toned copper??? How does the plating on that one hold up??? It looks great. Also the blank is ebony with copper colored aluminum inbedded into the blank???? That is not a filagree on top??? Do you have any other close up photos of it??? That is pretty cool looking pen.
Hey John,

Sorry if I made that confusing. The pen kit is a chrome/satin chrome pen kit from woodcraft. The blank is segmented Ebony/Aluminum that I made. I only mentioned the copper kit because Dean had said that he had never seen this kit before, so I figured he hadn't seen the copper one either. As to how the plating holds up on the copper kits, I don't know. They sure look slick though.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok Steve,

I think I understand more of the confusion... I think you need to look at the white balance/color of your picture. I have seen both the 2 tone chrome and the 2 tone copper kits.

What makes this so confusing to us is to me (and I'm guessing to others) your picture makes it look more gold than chrome. Thats why someone asked if its 'copper colored aluminum'.

lwalden

As usual, beautiful work Steve! Would love to see that with the correct colors, it does look gold/bronze instead of silver/aluminum (or aluminium for the Brits on the forum :devil:)

GouletPens

Ok Steve,

I think I understand more of the confusion... I think you need to look at the white balance/color of your picture. I have seen both the 2 tone chrome and the 2 tone copper kits.

What makes this so confusing to us is to me (and I'm guessing to others) your picture makes it look more gold than chrome. Thats why someone asked if its 'copper colored aluminum'.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that b/c you have a red background, the chrome and aluminum on the pen appear gold. Must be a correction your camera is making b/c of the red. I got all excited thinking there is a gold/satin gold kit out there, but alas....not yet. :frown:

For anyone who doesn't know about these types of kits, www.beartoothwoods.com has 2 chrome/satin chrome kits (reverses of each other) and 2 copper/satin copper (same thing) Wall Street 2 (Sierras). I use them all the time, they are hot sellers esp. to my lady customers with the nice acrylics. Just don't everyone go buying them all up so I can't get them anymore, you hear?!:wink:

jttheclockman

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am really in the wrong ballpark. I definetly thought that was a copper or goldish color. I now understand about the kit because of the link given. Wow I missed that one completely.

kruzzer

I have to tell you folks that this pic doesn't do this pen justice.. I get to Steve's work in person and this pen is outrageous.... ebony and silver (alum) and has to be one of my favorites... now If we could only get you to join a photography forum Steve.........LOL

jkeithrussell

Yes, there would be interest in buying the blanks. Excellent pen.

This lil' bugger is Ebony and Aluminum on an Two Tone Wall Street II kit. CA finish. This is my first pic in my homemade photo tent. Please let me know what you think, good or bad so that I can improve them. Thanx.

Thanks for checkin' her out. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Top Bottom