Nick's Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

Had a great lunch today with Dario, Ron Mc, and Don Ward. Everyone ended up "donating" blanks to my pen hungry son. Nick is 9, and as soon as we got home he wanted to turn a sierra with one of the blanks Don gave him...here it is.

200692214157_100_4661.jpg

Satin silver Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

That is a <u><b>GORGEOUS</b></u> blank!

I need to be honest with you, while the black sierra is one of my least favorite pens, that blank and craftmanship really makes it stand out as a winner!

jssmith3

Nick, you did a fantastic job!!! I bet you make your father real proud and your mother very concerned fearing you will also become addicted to this awesome hobby. Keep up the good work and I think you need to tell dad you need your own screen name and photo album now. [:D]

Janet ;) [;)]

Ron Mc

Lyle,
Be sure and tell Nick for me he did "MARVELOUS"[:D]
Also he should know that his method of eating fried pickles is amazing. LOL
Odd....After a great lunch with great people I felt rather inspired myself.[;)]

Dario

Great pen Nick!!! I am sure daddy (and mom) is very proud. [^]

This kid is a natural..he has eyes for good blanks and very talented too! The shape is perfect. Keep up!!! [:)]

Lyle, I think you will have to relinquish one of your lathes to Nick [;)][}:)] LOL

its_virgil

Wow, That was quick Nick. You turned a veryn nice pen. That blank was actually one (of 6) given to me by another great penturner in Ft. Worth. His name is Jay Pickens and he has written several excellent articles on various penturning techniques. So Nick, say thanks to Jay for giving me the blank so I scould share one with you!
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by lwalden
<br />Had a great lunch today with Dario, Ron Mc, and Don Ward. Everyone ended up "donating" blanks to my pen hungry son. Nick is 9, and as soon as we got home he wanted to turn a sierra with one of the blanks Don gave him...here it is.

melogic

Great Job Nick! I really like the blank. I have turned a couple of chrome Sierras using the same blank. I have a Toni pen made out of the same blank that my daughter turned for me that I carry in my shirt pocket every day. Keep up the good work and I know how proud mom and dad are of you right now. Awesome Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom