Nicely Figured Rosewood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hillbilly

Hillbilly

This is a 22kt and rhodium Jr. Statesman done in Honduran Rosewood. I don't really know how many coats of ca this one has. I put it on and sand it down till its right. I spent alot of extra time making this one my best finish yet. I needed this finish to be flawless this one is going to be my first Ebay auction. I think I priced it to high let me know what ya'll think. If it don't sell I will lower the cost and try again.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=230360903983&Category=165638

Attachments

• IMG_2342_800x600.jpg
    IMG_2342_800x600.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2344_800x600.jpg
    IMG_2344_800x600.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2345_800x600.jpg
    IMG_2345_800x600.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Checking through the active auctions you have the highest starting price and the best pen. Im not sure Ebay is the place where you want to market this quality of pen at. A search of completed auctions for rosewood pen brought 55 auctions with 11 sold, the highest at 40.00 for a pen and pencil set, a couple in the 25.00+ range and the rest were pretty low. Not the most promising results but there are always exeptions. Good luck and hope for the best. Mike

JohnU

I think "Nicely Figured" is an understatement! Beautiful pen!!!! Looks like you did a fabulous job but dont get your hopes up on ebay. Ive been selling on ebay for years and got away from selling my pens there because most people dont want to pay what theyre worth on ebay. Especially the high end stuff. Theyre looking for a steal. Good luck!

GouletPens

3 things:

1) That pen is very nice, you picked a beautiful piece of wood and did justice with the kit and finish:biggrin:
2) ebay for nice pens is a waste of time, you'll have a hard time EVER getting close to what its worth:frown:
3) If you want $150 for a pen, even if its worth it, you HAVE to take a picture that does it justice. Even though I know your pen is worth that, I wouldn't think so from the pictures you have posted there. When you're selling $150 pens online, the pictures matter.:redface:

Overall though, great job on the pen. I wouldn't drop the price, esp. since you have at least $40 in materials alone tied up in that thing.

louisbry

Brian that is a beautiful and well crafted pen. The blank is spectacular. I don't know what it is worth but counting the free shipping you offered I'd say you have about $50 in materials invested. I'd say the $100 opening bid would be a steal but sadly you probably won't get it on ebay.

Top Bottom