A nice surprise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

I bought 10 of these mainly to get the transmissions to use in my 308 cartridge pens so I could use the parker refill instead of the cross.

At $3.99 for the complete kit vs $3.50 for the transmission alone it was a no brainer. I liked the looks of the gun metal grey finish well enough to make a pen from it and see how it lasts.

Apprentice Classica gun metal grey and chrome. A piece of the ash I was going to use for the kitchen until the powder post beetles showed up. CA finish.

I'll give this one the wife to carry around in her purse and use as an everyday user and abuser to see how the finish holds up. If it lasts it will help keep my costs down for the ones I give away.
1999.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

splinter99

I purchased 6 of the 2 tone chrome EB from Berea at $10.00 each and the chrome finish wore of in a couple of days..I tried the CSUSA apprentice that you have there and carried it for a month and the plating still looks like new..so for $3.99 It gets my vote

Nice pen

Papa mark

Rick, nice looking pen. As for the finish on the Classica, today, after carring a new one that I made for myself for less than a week the black finish on the lower grip area started flaking off. I am going to contact CSUSA to see if they will replace it. I'll post the response.

Top Bottom