Nice piece of Olive Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

A great pen kit to show off nice looking wood. The accord is a very simple kit that is perfect for putting attention on the nice character of wood. This olive wood has been in the shop for a few years so I don't know who I purchased it from. It's a CA finish with plenty of sanding and buffing using the Beal buffing method. If you are looking for a kit that has a lot of beef to be able to do cast-on things (watch parts, stamps,...) this is a good kit for that. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• olivewdIAP2.jpg
    olivewdIAP2.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 230
  • olivewdIAP3.jpg
    olivewdIAP3.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 207
  • olivewdIAP.jpg
    olivewdIAP.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
A great pen kit to show off nice looking wood. The accord is a very simple kit that is perfect for putting attention on the nice character of wood. This olive wood has been in the shop for a few years so I don't know who I purchased it from. It's a CA finish with plenty of sanding and buffing using the Beal buffing method. If you are looking for a kit that has a lot of beef to be able to do cast-on things (watch parts, stamps,...) this is a good kit for that. Thanks for looking.
That olivewood is absolutely Gorgeous. Wonderful job -Fit, Finish - the "Whole Smeer".

MikeL

Thanks for the comments.

I had about 7 of the jumbo pen blanks. I have one left that I'm willing to let go real cheap if there is serious interst in finding figured & burled OW. I am guessing it is 1x1 by 6 inches long. I can attach a picture if there is anyone interested. It's just as nice looking as this pen. Just to give someone the opportunity that has trouble finding this wood I'll only charge about $10 and this would include small flat rate shipping. I guess if there is interest I should limit shipping to US to limit shipping cost. Again, just sharing an opportunity for anyone having difficulties finding figured OW.

MikeL

another piece

I indeed do have another piece. It is 1X1 by 6 3/4 long. If a fairly new turner wants a very nice pen blank for basically the cost of shipping plus a couple, you can PM me.

Attachments

• OW6inches.jpg
    OW6inches.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom