Nice $4.00 slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I ordered this kit Buy 30-Piece Pen Turners Variety Pack at Woodcraft.com when they were on sale for about $40.00 (The price on line was wrong but Woodcraft honored it. I wasn't sure about it once I saw the kits yesterday but it made a very nice pen. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. I think these will make nice gifts and be good for the grandkids and others to learn on. All C&C are welcome. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Looks pretty good.
I see that their new "clearance" price is $117.13 (almost a whopping 10% discount). I was going to buy a box at my local WC store at the $40 price, but they were already sold out.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Edgar for your kind words. My local Woodcraft was out of them as well so I ordered or I should say tried to order it on line but the price was not right once I put it in my cart so I call Woodcraft and placed the order.

denniszoomy

I ordered two sets when I first saw them at the $40. I called my local woodcraft to get them as well. Did not even try and order online.

Old Codger

Dan...I, too, am VERY pleased with the Slimline pen kits offered by Woodcraft at that substantial discount! I have turned several pens from the offer and haven't been disappointed so far except for the pen blanks... Several of the pen blanks are sooo soft that they will need pressure hardening before they could be successfully used which makes them unusable, expense wise. The kit's hardware seems OK for the price and I'm quite satisfied with them and will order them again if offered at the great discount price. Your recent pen turning looks GREAT and I'm sure you're as happy with the kits as I am and I'm sure your customers will be also! Nice turning and awesome finish! What finish did you use? I've been using WTF recently and quite pleased. Again, thanks for sharing and safe turning to an 'ole sailor' too!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Nice job. I did a review of those kits (I still have an offer out in the deals forum for Pens for Troops turners) and they are a very nice Taiwan made kit....The actual sale price I paid was $35 and change plus shipping anything over 2 sets of 30 would have been less than $2.00 for kit and blank.

Top Bottom