newbies pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kevmic28

kevmic28

I have been lurking for a long time now, figured it was about time to show off some pens.
First is a shotgun pen in buckeye burl,
second is just a collection of acrylics
third is a shotgun pen with mesquite and deer antler
fourth is a shotgun pen antler and bloodwood
fifth is acrylic I call laffy taffy

Still need to work on my photography skills and my ca finishing skills but not too bad for a new guy..

Attachments

• 100_1309.jpg
    100_1309.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_1317.jpg
    100_1317.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_1340.jpg
    100_1340.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_1378.jpg
    100_1378.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_1383.jpg
    100_1383.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevmic28

Thanks, I dont have a workshop yet, I just work off the back of my flat bed truck. So its a pain to pull out all the equipment, so when I do I spend the day out doing it.

boxerman

Very nice pens. Never have i heard anybody using flat bed truck for turning i guess what ever works for you.

Last edited:

kevmic28

The truck bed works for me right now cause as the sun moves I can move the truck to stay in the shade.
I have been choosing crazy colors to market to the college girls I go to school with. I am currently working on finishing my degree in education after retiring from my first career.

kevmic28

I like them, they are a little heavy but as long as you write without the cap on its fine. The go together easy and seem to be real popular here in East Texas.

OOPS

That brings a whole new meaning to the term "tailgating!" You certainly have made a number of colorful pens. They should be popular with the college women. As to your mobile "shop" do you use a generator for electricity? It seems like there could be numerous possibilities for sales if you showed up at Bar BQs, college tailgating events, or any other type of gathering. Please let us know of the results if you do attempt to do any mobile turning events. Welcome-from another lurker.

kevmic28

I hadnt thought of that. I may have to invest in a generator. I just run an extension cord from the house right now. I will let yall know if I can make a go of it. I need to build up some stock in supplies first. I just started turning about two months ago.

That brings a whole new meaning to the term "tailgating!" You certainly have made a number of colorful pens. They should be popular with the college women. As to your mobile "shop" do you use a generator for electricity? It seems like there could be numerous possibilities for sales if you showed up at Bar BQs, college tailgating events, or any other type of gathering. Please let us know of the results if you do attempt to do any mobile turning events. Welcome-from another lurker.

Top Bottom