Newbie Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Varinokid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varinokid

Hello everyone,

I've watched the forums for about a month and I've been doing pen turning for about 3 months. Some I was successful, and some I wasn't. It's been a great learning process. I've just begun to experiment with segmentations. I would appreciate any feedbacks.

Sorry for the poor quality of the images..my camera sux and I'm makin plans to purchase a new one hopefully next month.

Thanks!

Varinokid

This was made using red cherry & walnut. (Altho the walnut looks bleached, it's not...it's how it turned out) Simple angled cut and glued together.
2007822174633_walnutcherryangled.jpg

I wanted to challenge myself so I made one of those "knot" pen. It's one of the pens I'm most proud of. (again...red cherry & walnut)
2007822174657_firstknot.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome to the group and to the wonderful world of turning.You just passed me by since I've not made a segmented or knot pen. They are on my list of things to try.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Varinokid
<br />Hello everyone,

I've watched the forums for about a month and I've been doing pen turning for about 3 months. Some I was successful, and some I wasn't. It's been a great learning process. I've just begun to experiment with segmentations. I would appreciate any feedbacks.

Sorry for the poor quality of the images..my camera sux and I'm makin plans to purchase a new one hopefully next month.

Thanks!

Varinokid

Jamie

Your pens both look very nice. With a better photograph I think they would be very, very nice. Look through the photo section till you find a layout you think is cool and try copying it. What kind of camera are you using? Do you have/use a tripod? Can you set the F-stops manually? If so, set your camera to a big number (8 for instance) but you'll need a tripod because at "8" you will have a slow shutter speed. The pictures are half the fun... or less and a third the presentation... or more.

Varinokid

I have this cheap RCA 2.1 Mega Pixel camera. No "manual" settings as you mentioned. I'm lookin at some Sony cybershot / powershot camera. Just matter of convincing myself to make $200 purchase :) (Have to wait till after college starts in 2 weeks so I don't short my budget)

Choices choices...

-----
Varinokid

Jamie

Varinokid, so you got a camera with limited capabilities, no big deal. keep posting your pens. It's good practice and this isn't a "photography contest" web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom