Newbie just showing off some pens!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vwa3guy

vwa3guy

Hey fellas, I just started turning around September of last year. I just decided to go to Harbor Freight and get a lathe and well...... here I am. I'm just going to throw up some stuff I've done. Most of it was at Christmas as presents for friends and family. Please feel free to give me thoughts, opinions, criticizms, whatevers!!!! Sorry in advance for the total SPAM.

:usflag:

This I cast myself using Cast N Craft from Michaels and some Pearl-Ex

And lastly, my first attempt at a bowl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Ryan, looks like you caught on to this pen turning thing pretty fast. You have done some nice work there. Keep up the good work and welcome to the addition and money pit.

vwa3guy

thanks guys!

Bob, that's about 1/4 of the stuff I've done so far. I didn't want to p-off anyone with a grillion photos right out of the gate. ha! I'm a very avid R/C builder, primarilly in airplanes so CA is a medium I am very familiar with and I just dove right into that from the start. I'm still having some issues I'm trying to work out. Every once in a while, I'll finish a blank and because of the terrible lighting in my garage I don't see some imperfections in the CA finish. It almost looks like a scuff. I think it's just a thin spot in the CA and when I'm wet sanding that low spot or even void comes out looking like a scuff mark.

vakmere

I like the black circuit board pen. Looks like you have a theme going on with the odd shapes on the others. Ok with the shapes of the razors and mag-glass but the pen shapes look a little uncomfortable to write with. However the scrolling look pretty cool. Very imaginative.

Top Bottom