New way for old money. Collage style!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

After spending a few days casting snake skin, I decided to try a new way to cast money. I like the first (usual) casting style and think it gives the pen more of an elegant look, but you cant see the cash and Ive had people ask me what it was, so I decided to try the second style. It takes a lot longer, but you can see what your getting. Thanks for all comments.

Attachments

• Money pens.JPG
    Money pens.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 399
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Nice job. The money is very recognizable and I like the alternating sides. I've done some regular casts and som where the money is so tightly packed that it is nearly unrecognizable (I called it "money burl"). What I found was that each style appealed to different people. I'm sure you'll have buyers for both.

Regards,
Eric

Russianwolf

okay, I have to ask. Did you send a dollar through a strip shredder or is it a photocopy of a bill? The Fed wouldn't do it that way as it would be too easy to reassemble a bill and exchange it, so I know it come from them.

very recognizable though.

JohnU

Thanks for all the comments. I bought a very large bag of shredded money and sat for a few hours one night ironing it out. I use the pieces without good sides for the first layer and then overlap the seams with the second so the brass doesnt show. I also painted the tubes green to help. I can say positively that the bag is all $1.

bruce119

Nice Job I just got a 5 lb bag from the US mint. Kind of had an ides something like that. Nice job looks good I don't know when I will get around to it. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce

Top Bottom