New Vortex from PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nightowl

nightowl

I had to try this kit. Not sure if I like it or not yet. It is a gun metal kit with a fire and ice blank. Has anyone else tried the vortex?

Attachments

• DSCN0267 (Large).jpg
    DSCN0267 (Large).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 465
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I had never heard of it. Doesn't look like a bad kit. The nose cone looks cool. As a matter of personal preference I think it might look better without so much taper. Thanks for posting it!

DavidD3

That's a very distinctive looking kit. I think your blank works well with it.

A carbon fiber blank would be interesting. Aluminum and maybe some red or blue monotone blanks might be pretty nice as well.

Bree

I like the blank and the way it was turned but I confess I don't like the kit. It is not a kit that I would buy. Now if someone gave me one with some bushings... maybe a different story. I have no idea what I would do to complement that kit.
:confused::confused::confused:

witz1976

This is the type of kit where IMHO you need to keep a straight barrel and with a modern material, like the carbon fiber or the silver M3 metal blanks.

I am not sure if I will try this one either.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I had to try this kit. Not sure if I like it or not yet. It is a gun metal kit with a fire and ice blank. Has anyone else tried the vortex?
Hi David; Not to be a smart-a**, PSI lists it as Vertex! They show it's ETA as the middle of March.

I like it!

Last edited:

toddlajoie

How does the click mechanism feel. Every one I've tried felt worse than a cheap plastic BIC. I reallly like the look of the kit, but I'm gun shy on clickers...

nightowl

Todd, The click mechansim is very smooth and virtually silent. There isn't a click sound really. The plunger is a little short for my liking. I have not been a fan of click pens or pencils for that matter, but this kit seems fairly nice so far. I agree about the straight blank and I think the carbon fiber would be an excellent choice but I have not turned one of those yet. Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Top Bottom