New Virage Pen in Amboyna.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is the new Virage pen that is based on I believe it is the sierra ballpoint pen. It seems like a decent pen, this being my first. From my first experience with the gold I wish I had stayed away but I hoped for the best and got the worst. The gold on the nib looked strange/ 2 different colors so I buffed it a little and I believe the entire gold plating was removed to the base metal. So I took a nib section out of an unopened zip bag and it to has spotting on it.
Thanks for looking.
IMG_6136.JPG
IMG_6137.JPG
IMG_6138.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimr

I really like the looks of this new pen. I checked the assembly instructions. Is it mor complicated than usual or am I just spoiled with some of the latest kit assemblies?

I really like the looks of this new pen. I checked the assembly instructions. Is it mor complicated than usual or am I just spoiled with some of the latest kit assemblies?
It is not difficult, it is just that they have a few weird parts that are not normally in a pen kit. the weirdest being the short piece of tube that needs to be pressed into the nib until it stops.

jskeen

Interesting looking kit, if it's available in ti or platinum it might be a good seller. That much metal to finger contact is pretty much a killer in gold though. The body is just your usual exceptional work :)

This is 1 spot that is visible in a cluster of 3-4 (very hard for me to get a good picture)
The other one almost looked like it was plated on half the nib but the rest polished completely off.
IMG_6145.JPG

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don't mean to sound nasty, but buffing the plated parts is very rarely going to turn out well.

Since this is a brand new model, you should make Berea aware of the difficulties so they can co-ordinate with their factory guy.

Ed, it looked horable so I thought I would just polish it a little since I thought it might be residue from something but the stuff just kept coming off. Now if you cannot polish the metal (I am not talking polishing wheel here) then there is some serious short comings of the plating on these pens/any pen. This is supposed to be TI gold.

Top Bottom