New video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from feeneypens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paintspill

thank you, that is how to make a video. let this be a lesson to all others that want to make a video. less talk , more turn. i have about 8 or 9 videos on youtube now and there is nothing worse than people talking for hours on end. well done. if people want a how to make a pen video, there already out there. good job

feeneypens

Powerstroke 7.3 said:
Was that a stabilized cone? I like the video - short, sweet and to the point....

No. Not stabilized. I stabilized mid-turning with glue but otherwise I went out, found a pine cone that some squirrels had eaten the pods off of and turned it from there.

feeneypens

Dan26 said:
Great video. I'll be keeping an eye out for pine cones.

Thanks. Look for pine cones that already have the seed pods eaten off by squirrels or some such rodent as that will expose the core fully.

OOPS

This is a good video, and is a great idea for showing potential customers how its done. You get a sense of how its made without seeing every single step in nauseating detail. My brother made a pine cone pen one time, and it turned out beautifully. We then gathered up some of the pine cones last fall, but they were all quite wet, so we left them to dry over the winter. We definitely intend to make a few more. The results are quite unique.

sumterdad

Good video. From what I can see in the video it looks to me as if you where trying to explain a couple of things to us. But with the music going so loud you can't hear what you are trying to say. But other than that it was good

feeneypens

sumterdad said:
Good video. From what I can see in the video it looks to me as if you where trying to explain a couple of things to us. But with the music going so loud you can't hear what you are trying to say. But other than that it was good

Actually I realized it was better without the words so just muted the words. But that is a good point and next time I'll make sure to get that fixed!
:)

feeneypens

Again, just to remind everyone, just find the pine cones that have already had the seed pods eaten off by squirrels. It is MUCH easier to use those than trying to cut off the pods yourself.

Top Bottom