New to turning, some of my first projects

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from polarbare

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbare

Hello:
Since this is my first post, fist of all let me say awesome board.

Ok I have only been turning pens for about a month or so and I'm brand new to this board. So please be easy on me guys.

Here are a few quick snap shots of my first pens:

200762924327_IMG_0545.jpg

200762924437_IMG_0583.jpg

200762924742_IMG_0668.jpg

<hr>
And last of all here is a a set that I made for a friend at work to give his wife as a gift.

20076292490_IMG_0620.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rd_ab_penman

Originally posted by polarbare
<br />
Hello:
Since this is my first post, fist of all let me say awesome board.

Ok I have only been turning pens for about a month or so and I'm brand new to this board. So please be easy on me guys.

Here are a few quick snap shots of my first pens:

And last of all here is a a set that I made for a friend at work to give his wife as a gift.
Thanks for looking,
Matt
Hey welcome Matt. (no pun intended) Good looking pens! Keep it up! One suggestion, attach descriptions with your posts, material, pen style, etc.
Les Elm
Red Deer, Alberta
200762931630_Alberta.gif
<br />
"What's YOUR Carbon Footprint?'

tipusnr

Good variety for any experience level! I expected to see a bunch of slimlines done bushing to bushing (though there's nothing wrong with that either).

doddman70

Very nice pens for only 1 month wish mine looked that good after 1 year[:D]
by the way were almost neighbors i live in junction city, OR. We may have to get together and do some turning.

Shane

polarbare

Thanks for all your kind comments. I’m having a lot of fun learning, and playing around with the pens. Most of what I know has come from reading the back posts on this web site. I have to confess that I did have a kind of jump start on doing them. I own a small machine shop, and have worked around an engine lathe since I was young. So this project has come very natural for me.

The nice thing about the net is you guys can’t see all of the little problems with them. (The slimline at the top will not twist because I used glue when I put it together.) [:I]

Bill: I think in some ways the Sierra kits are easier then the Slimlines or a Cigar.

Shane: Nice to meet you neighbor. It’s awesome to find someone online that’s less then 700Miles away. It would be great to get together sometime. I get down south every month or so.

Toni: Yes, the middle sierra kit is 5 small bits of Corian witch came from a box I got on eBay. I really like working it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom