New to turning and pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MiteyF

MiteyF

I recently found myself needing a dozen or two Xmas gifts for my fiance's rather large family. I needed something that would be relatively quick but still thoughtful. I used this as an excuse to pick up a (very) cheap mini lathe, having wanted to try turning for quite some time.

Then shortly before Xmas (very much a rush job), a co-worker commissioned 5 pens for gifts as well. Not bad being able to sell a few pens after only having used a lathe for a month!

I've since made a half dozen or so more, perhaps I'll try and get some pictures of them soon (I'll have to steal them back from the fiance and around the house). Hell, maybe I'll even get a little better at photographing them, as I was in a big hurry to get pictures of these before flying out West for Xmas. Poor aperture and lighting among others, sorry!

Given my enormous inexperience in turning, I was fairly happy with how they turned out. Since these, I've greatly improved my CA finishes, as well as general fitment, with the help of some homemade delrin bushings, micromesh, lathe setup, and a lot of practice.

These were all segmented, turned, finished, and delivered within about 6 weeks of my lathe being delivered. Typical Xmas gift rush in my world.

Glad to be part of this wonderful community, I've learned a lot already.

3Va24rW.jpg

ZcrUjyI.jpg

vlupjbO.jpg

tIIQgLz.jpg

x3UGVyf.jpg

LOhOxOx.jpg

VUWo8dU.jpg

KleZs2o.jpg

nJxGgOS.jpg

1Ki66xK.jpg

sEsqCjn.jpg

nt8nsSO.jpg

DCPmeai.jpg

MhpmTCi.jpg

Ie0c6ce.jpg

Lq8eGfT.jpg

A few of my favorites thus far.

QHPV6b6.jpg

JnOckGd.jpg

J021xdA.jpg

2KC4UQh.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are some extremely nice pens. Sorry, you may be new, but you're not a beginner :tongue:.

Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Have FUN.

magpens

Welcome to IAP !! . Beaut pens !!!!

Be sure to write something in the Introductions forum so that you are eligible for the "newcomers" prize drawing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom