A NEW TRU-STONE (FOR ME)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

Got a Tru-Stone from Swagopenturner called "Dalmation". Put it on one of the newer offerings from PSI called "Spartan" (which is cool when you live near East Lansing).

Anyhow, I'm thinking this material is misnamed. Reminds me more of the granite you see on the exteriors of government buildings. Whatever. I think it pairs nicely with the gun metal finish.

Upfront apologies for the photography. I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to set up my light box.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Spartan Gun Metal Dalmation TruStone1.jpg
    Spartan Gun Metal Dalmation TruStone1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 420
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Ted, are you sure it isn't a core sample from a Concrete Job,
I have seen many like that from a Diamond Drill in concrete.
You have a Great Blank, and suits the Spartan.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow that's a cool looking blank, as Brian is really does look like a core sample. The kits is a great pairing with the blank. Very good fit and finish.

That's the thing with Tru-Stone (or most blanks for that matter!), you just don't know what you'll get until you spin it and finish it! I sold Ken that blank and it really just looked White with black dots throughout. It is not even a very good seller! But look what it turns out to be in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing! Great job Ken!

Uh, it's Ted, Brian.......

Everyone - just some FYI regarding Swagopenturner (Brian): he's trying to increase the number of types of Tru-Stone he sells and to that end the more he sells, the more he will carry. The ones I ordered and received were advertised at 3/4x3/4x5. They arrived and measured out at more like 1x1x6. I got a Vertex AND a spartan out of one piece of Ariz Jade. I can sell those at a nice discount!

Now I don't plan to abandon Ed & Dawn but I have no issue with a bit of healthy competition. And with the great cuts svc they all seem dedicated to, I am just going to have to buy a lot from both!

Last edited:
Top Bottom