New Trademarked shape....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rapost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapost

Haven't seen this one before....at least with these same measurements! [:p]

I really like this "new" shape. It feels good in the hand. Not sure what the wood is.

I also wanted to try a new finish - it's "friction lacquer" First polish the wood up to 2000 grit. After that, Deft brushable semi-gloss rubbed on with the lathe stopped and then frictioned for a bit; repeat as needed to build some depth. It's as smooth as a baby's....well, it's real smooth. Now it gets to ride in my pocket to see how it holds up.

Gunmetal fancy slimline with "mystery" wood:

tn_Pen-44.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Dang, the "trademark office" is going to be busy with all the requests to register the comfort bump shape. Hopefully they aren't using a similar pen when they enter your request. [;)][:D]

wpenm

Nice looking pen. I hate to be the one to tell you,[:(]the shape is a standard one that just about everyone makes. I believe that PSI even sells a pattern for duplicators in that shape or one very close.

Dario

My first non B2B is similar to that. For me, the grip really improves with it (the bulge)...especially on slimlines.

BigRob777

Rick,
Nice work. Have you tried doing your own center bands? I love to do that. It gives you more variety with sizes and shapes. This one's nice though. It is like the one I did for my wife, but that was kingwood and tulipwood.
Rob

rapost

Thanks!! Centerbands are on the list of things to try! [:D] I usually don't like slimlines with the pinched waists but I mostly wanted a pen to try a lacquer finish on, hence the "mystery" wood - when I got done with this one, and held it, I was pleased with the shape and the feel in the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom