New styles...birch inlay, acrylics, and 24k baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I have been playing around. Nothing earth shattering but fun anyway. Let me know what you think.

This is Paduk with birch dowel inlays.
53-paduk-inlay.jpg

This is big leaf maple burl and a 24k baron rollerball kit.
55-maple-baron.jpg

This is an acrylic with a streamline kit. It was labelled violet but it really does look like a dark blue. Good looking pen but the lady wanted purple......back to the drawing board.
54-acrylic.jpg

This is a pen and pencil kit for a nurse that bought three pens from me one night on call. He wanted a "cool color combo" for his wife. Does this fit the bill?
52-acrylics.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

opfoto

Great job on all the pens, sorry but I am not a big fan of the 1st pen. The fit and finish looks great. I think its because I'm drawn to the smallest inlay, if it were lighter in color like the others I think I would like it more.
I like the big leaf maple burl the best of all.
Even tho' its not the purple you hope for its still a nice looking acrylic pen.
I think your nurses' wife should love em! Nice set!

woodscavenger

I did a walnut one with the birch inlays about a month ago and without fail it is the one I cannot make enough of. I don't kow why. It is not my favorite pen. I like grain effects but I think it jumps out at people who don't really have an eye for more subtle grains. I have sold 4 of them and am making several more. I don't have a good way to stop the padauk or walnut from bleeding into the birch endgrain. Any ideas? It would look better with a sharper contrast. Although part of the discoloration is also darkening from the BLO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom