New Style Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

This is one of the new "Theme" pens from Boston Clay Works (see thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41879). It's a snap-cap pen, postable, that's a little narrower than the Zen/Stretch (approx .43" vs .5")

1_Wine_Theme_Amboyna_2.jpg
1_Wine_Theme_Amboyna_1.jpg

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Barry is this about the same as the Zen pen kit but with an engraved top? the price looks great.

oops, I guess I should have read the entire post sorry

Last edited:

broitblat

Barry that's a good looking pen,what's that on the top barrel? looks like engraving.

Nice job on the pen. My guess the "engraving" is overhead lighting reflection?

The cap is engraved with a grape/wine theme. The top of the cap is showing the three lights I used to light the picture.

I haven't decided if I like the kit (but then, I'm still unsure about the Zen, too). It seems to be relatively well made and is very simple. It's not a bad price, either. On the other hand, something about it seems not quite finished in a way I can't quite place. ALso, a minor nit, but the spring attaches to the refill rather than the lower barrel finial.

-Barry

Tn-Steve

Nice work. I've SO got to get one of their "Skull and Crossbones" ones for a co-worker. He will LOVE it.

SMW
(Who usually doesn't end up sounding like a 15 y/o girl when he posts.)

pipecrafter

That's nice work, but I'm not a fan of the metal cap. I took a look at these kits, and I agree, there's something about it overall that just doesn't speak to me. I think it centers on the metal cap, but more than that, I think it's that the cap length and diameter is out of proportion to the body of the pen. I'd rather see it longer and thicker. In the photos, it actually appears that the cap is narrower in diameter to the pen body, and that grates on my eyes a little.

chriselle

That's nice work, but I'm not a fan of the metal cap. I took a look at these kits, and I agree, there's something about it overall that just doesn't speak to me. I think it centers on the metal cap, but more than that, I think it's that the cap length and diameter is out of proportion to the body of the pen. I'd rather see it longer and thicker. In the photos, it actually appears that the cap is narrower in diameter to the pen body, and that grates on my eyes a little.

+1 Nothing more to add.

Top Bottom