NEW STYLE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Smitty37

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This is a pretty good example of why I like wood so much. I think it is a very pretty pen from a kind of mundane stick of wood and this time I did get my camera set a little better...the shadow is a little dark but it doesn't block the view of the pen. It is a Le Roi Elegant LB Click in Gold TN and the blank is a fairly nice but not spectacular Cherry...
LE ROI ELEGANT LB CLICK - CHERRY.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dtswebb

We sometimes forget that the "fairly nice but not spectacular" can be beautiful when turned properly and complimented by the kit.

Looking good Smitty.

LeeR

I've found that wood seldom disappoints on a pen, and sometimes it pleasantly surprises me.

On the other hand, one of the most beautiful acrylic blanks I bought awhile back was absolutely spectacular on the outside -- it was a "Rocky Road" -- swirls of browns, tan, and a creamy white. By the time it started getting down to final shape, it was mostly creamy white, with just a wisp or two of the tan color.

It never was finished. However, I might complete it some day. I'll just call it antler ... :biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've found that wood seldom disappoints on a pen, and sometimes it pleasantly surprises me.

On the other hand, one of the most beautiful acrylic blanks I bought awhile back was absolutely spectacular on the outside -- it was a "Rocky Road" -- swirls of browns, tan, and a creamy white. By the time it started getting down to final shape, it was mostly creamy white, with just a wisp or two of the tan color.

It never was finished. However, I might complete it some day. I'll just call it antler ... :biggrin:
Well I had done about 25 in a row that were acrylics and first, I have more problems turning plastics than wood, and while plastics can make lovely pens, I think wood is nicer....just like I'd much sooner have an nice wood computer desk or dining room table than any other material I'd rather turn wood pens. I will probably not sell too many but I can donate some to pens for troops....

Top Bottom