New style "Cigar" pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pmpartain

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmpartain

Anybody seen this kind of Cigar pen? I didn't really intend to get this look, but in the process it came out this way.

200717164923_Cigar%201.jpg

200717164956_Cigar%202.jpg

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pmpartain

The wood is some sort of wild Cherry. I bought it from a guy that was going to make a gunstock. The piece was about 4" by 8" by about six feet long. I gave 20 bucks for it. Made some serving platters and such, and I've got a couple dozen pen blanks out of it right now.

pmpartain

Thanks everybody. I always look for ways to change things. When I make the next one, I'm thinking of making the finial stubbier, and the non-cap end a little shorter. I also saw how Vic made one that you could post the cap on. If I can do it subtly like he did, I think the shape will still look good. Any suggestions on where you might do some wire burning?

Thanks again

Firefyter-emt

I am not overly fond of wire burning on a pen, However... one black line above and below the gold band for the clip might just flow nicely with the look of the center band.

I was not going to mention it, but the cap would look much better shorter I think.

Still, that is a great looking pen. I really have to get one of those mandrels!

Originally posted by pmpartain
<br />Thanks everybody. I always look for ways to change things. When I make the next one, I'm thinking of making the finial stubbier, and the non-cap end a little shorter. I also saw how Vic made one that you could post the cap on. If I can do it subtly like he did, I think the shape will still look good. Any suggestions on where you might do some wire burning?

Thanks again

M

Mudder

Originally posted by pmpartain
<br />Anybody seen this kind of Cigar pen? I didn't really intend to get this look, but in the process it came out this way.

Not exactly the same pen but similar

http://www.penmakersguild.com/gallery.php?gallery=kleinhenzr&page=129

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom