New stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ragz

ragz

Been busy and I apologize for some of the photos up front they aren't the snazziest I've taken

Spalted Oak on Jr Statesman
203527.jpg

Red Marble Acrylic on Americana
054544.jpg

Padauk on Black Chrome Cigar
223443.jpg

Indian Ebony Jr Statesman
185516.jpg

Bloodwood Anniversay Goblet 3 captive rings and India ink highlights on stem segments with a black and white acrylic Americana
000815.jpg

Probably doesn't belong here but I outlined this with one of my everyday FP's .5mm nib
203814.jpg

and another in cleanup
201548.jpg

Several more turnings in the works and when I get more time and it cools down I'll post more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ragz

Funny you should mention that as they are tattoo designs :)
Let me know if you need any help with something like that

Oh and thanks for the comments

JohnU

They all look very nice, but I have to say the "Spalted Oak" is by far my favorite. (the ebony is a close second!)

bitshird

I'm with most of the other guys, the Spalted Oak is great, and that goblet isn't exactly a throwaway either, have you considered painting tubes and casting them in PR. your art work is cool, and there have been some great pens done that way, the drag is I think you have to use Alumilite, to keep from disolving the paint, you might ask Firefyter-emt, like seeing your work, very nice pieces

Very nicely done, I just recently heard from someone I sent a fountain pen to that they use it for drawing, I never knew that! Those drawings are awesome:wink:

ragz

Thanks for the comments all :)

I'm with most of the other guys, the Spalted Oak is great, and that goblet isn't exactly a throwaway either, have you considered painting tubes and casting them in PR. your art work is cool, and there have been some great pens done that way, the drag is I think you have to use Alumilite, to keep from disolving the paint, you might ask Firefyter-emt, like seeing your work, very nice pieces

I actually hadn't thought of that even though I have seen some done like this. It would be a great way to combine some of the things I do.

Does anyone know if alumilite will set without a vaccuum or pressure pot and be suitable to turn?

Top Bottom