New to The Steampunk Collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

Hi all.

It seems like a long time since I have posted anything and even longer since I had time to actually make anything. With my daughter spending some time with her grandparents during the holidays, I have had a little time for my pens. As The Collection is a little thin at the moment here is one that I managed to get finished to add to it.

Based around a piece of 15mm copper tube it uses a modified compression fitting for the threads and a glass tube for the cap. Aged in my usual way, It's a little simpler in appearance to my previous pens but no less work to produce.

As always thank you for taking the time to look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PlumbSteampunk.jpg
    PlumbSteampunk.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 757
  • PlumbSteampunk2.jpg
    PlumbSteampunk2.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 708
  • PlumbSteampunk3.jpg
    PlumbSteampunk3.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 744
  • PlumbSteampunk7.jpg
    PlumbSteampunk7.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 726
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I love these pens of yours. :biggrin: I just wish I had thought about doing stuff like them before you did....:redface:

You don't have to say, but I'd be interested to know how you cut the panels in the side of the tube. Do you have a mill?

I still think you need to ditch the kit bits though....:wink: With your skill, you should have no problem steampunkyfying a custom section. :)

Si90

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I love these pens of yours. :biggrin: I just wish I had thought about doing stuff like them before you did....:redface:

You don't have to say, but I'd be interested to know how you cut the panels in the side of the tube. Do you have a mill?

I still think you need to ditch the kit bits though....:wink: With your skill, you should have no problem steampunkyfying a custom section. :)

A mill and metal lathe - if only but on the wish list :). I have many ideas in my head that require such equipment. My process is mark or draw up a template to use, drill two holes, dremel the bit in the middle and then file.

The kit parts (that old one again my friend:)) are getting less. I am mulling over an idea to make one without the kit part but not having a metal lathe or the ability to use one is slowing me down I must admit.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well, in that case, I'm even more impressed !! :eek: You have a very straight eye to get the edges of those slots so good.

You are more than welcome to drop in and play in my toy box if you want to try out some new ideas....I'll even make sure the machines are cleaned and the kettle is on. I'll just sit in the background and watch...:biggrin:

Edit in;.... and BTW, I promise not to mention the K word anymore....:wink:

Last edited:

Jim Smith

I believe that this is my favorite of all the pens you have posted. Very creative and outstanding craftsmanship!

Jim Smith

thewishman

I love the screen/mesh bits! The cutaway section is wonderful, I have to keep going back and looking at it again and again.

Just my opinion, but one or two pens like this would pay for a mill. Thanks for sharing!:)

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Hi all.

It seems like a long time since I have posted anything and even longer since I had time to actually make anything. With my daughter spending some time with her grandparents during the holidays, I have had a little time for my pens. As The Collection is a little thin at the moment here is one that I managed to get finished to add to it.

Based around a piece of 15mm copper tube it uses a modified compression fitting for the threads and a glass tube for the cap. Aged in my usual way, It's a little simpler in appearance to my previous pens but no less work to produce.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Beautiul Work.

D.Oliver

Your work is stunning. I have to ask though. Do they have some kind of top secret Pen Creators Institute over there in the UK or what? It seem like a extraordinary high number of my favorite pen makers are from the UK.

lorbay

Hi all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Simon you could come to Canada and I will put you up for 2 weeks and I can watch use my metal lathe. Just saying.

Lin.

Si90

Thanks all for the kind words. If I do ever get a metal lathe, I am sure I will be calling in for some of the advice and guidance that has been put on offer.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
RULE BRITANNIA !!!! :biggrin:

''Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun....when it's raining we hide in our sheds...'' :)

Your work is stunning. I have to ask though. Do they have some kind of top secret Pen Creators Institute over there in the UK or what? It seem like a extraordinary high number of my favorite pen makers are from the UK.

Kunk35

^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's exactly what I was thinking!

As someone else said, I just can't quit looking at this pen!

Dalepenkala

Simon wonderful work on your pens! I love the cap with the glass tube in it! Kinda gives me a lighthouse kind of a feeling! Congrats on a job well done!

Marko50

Once again Simon, you've managed to raise the bar. A bar that was already incredibly high and one that I have to stand on my tippy-toes to attempt to reach! But alas, I will continue to aspire to your level of craftsmanship. Tis a worthy goal, no?

Top Bottom