A new Stasis Resin, thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

293368_407841049275966_1605882645_n.jpg

305142_407841085942629_450954090_n.jpg

533246_407841129275958_2070686388_n.jpg

I tested out some of that spray paint that is supposed to bond to plastic, results were not too inspiring to say the least. I was entirely sure I had all of the areas filled in well, but there is brass showing in a couple of small areas. On to the next one. I tried out a new pouring technique for making the Stasis Resin, and it got SOME results, but still not quite what I was hoping for. I'm still working on getting it just right, but at least I got color down the length of the entire pen on it. Progress!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:confused::confused: I like the reflective effect on your pen! Looks like a pearl or metalic underbase. I am not however familiar with the term Stasis Resin. Could you please expand on this a little? Also, where did you apply the spray paint? Old dog needs to learn new tricks!! Jim S

Drstrangefart

Stasis Resin is just what I'm calling this style of blank. The black areas were actually clear when it was cast. The black comes from painting the inside of the hole before the tubes are glued in. It's tricky to get dead right, but it looks awesome when it all lines up right. I'm not the only guy to cast this type of blank, I just figured I'd give iy a unique name to avoid stepping on anyone's toes. The colored area is Interference Red PearlEx with my own modification to the color.

Last edited:

plantman

Stasis Resin is just what I'm calling this style of blank. The black areas were actually clear when it was cast. The black comes from painting the inside of the hole before the tubes are glued in. It's tricky to get dead right, but it looks awesome when it all lines up right. I'm not the only guy to cast this type of blank, I just figured I'd give iy a unique name to avoid stepping on anyone's toes. The colored area is Interference Red PearlEx with my own modification to the color.

:):) Thank you for the info! Looks great. Jim S

Drstrangefart

Thanks, guys. I'm still struggling with getting good reverse paint done. Just had another massive failure on an unbelievable blank. It's tough to get this stuff right.

Top Bottom