The New Spring Blossem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jallan

jallan

Well I just finished the new kit from Timberbits the Spring Blossem rollerball in Platinum and Gold Titanium. The blank is Amboyna Burl sanden to 12mm than 4 coats CA and wet sanded to 12mm and buffed with a soft cloth. I really like this pen and am going to get some more.This pen is for a person with a large hand.
All comments are always welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC02694.jpg
    DSC02694.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC02695.jpg
    DSC02695.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC02696.jpg
    DSC02696.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Neat kit and a really nice blank. It apears in the photo that the barrel is slightly oblong near the nib transmition? I think the pen would pop more with a glossier finish but that could just be the pic. Overall well done.

bitshird

Kind of hard to not like Amboyna Burl, I like the price of the kit, but I have heard a couple of negative comments about inconsistency in the plating, basically the pen is a full sized Emperor at 1/3 the price, I have always liked that pen, and I'm going to order a few I'm sure waiting for some more feedback on them. your work looks beautiful, and the pen LOOKS great. From here !!

renowb

Awesome looking pen! Do you find the parts a little on the lighter side compared to the Emperor? I just completed one and to me, the parts seem to be on the lighter side, that is, before assembly.

jallan

parts

Awesome looking pen! Do you find the parts a little on the lighter side compared to the Emperor? I just completed one and to me, the parts seem to be on the lighter side, that is, before assembly.

Yes Bill the parts did seem lighter to me also.

Akula

anyone having problems? I just got one returned...when I looked at the other ones I have in the package, they all do the same thing.

I'm about to send out a message and see if anyone has reported the problem

SCR0LL3R

I had one that came apart at the nib and another that had a lot of bubbles in the chrome on the clip. I put both defective pieces into the same kit and contacted Timberbits with pictures and they replaced it in my next order.

Akula

I had one that came apart at the nib and another that had a lot of bubbles in the chrome on the clip. I put both defective pieces into the same kit and contacted Timberbits with pictures and they replaced it in my next order.

yep, the nib seems to not tighten...it seems ok when you first assemble the pen...but if you change the refill out, the nib will not lock on the threads like it's stripped..the threads are too small to hold

Man that bites because I really like the looks of this pen. It has a good feel and shows the wood (or other material) off without too much distracting bling.

SCR0LL3R

yep, the nib seems to not tighten...it seems ok when you first assemble the pen...but if you change the refill out, the nib will not lock on the threads like it's stripped..the threads are too small to hold

Man that bites because I really like the looks of this pen. It has a good feel and shows the wood (or other material) off without too much distracting bling.

That's not the same problem that I had. On mine, the black piece with the threads on it came unglued from the nib.

I have unscrewed mine several times but I will check again... I hope I don't have that issue.

Akula

I pulled all I had out of the packages and seems I got lucky, only 2 were found to be with this issue. Now to see if I have a tap and die in that size (I doubt LOL)

drgoretex

Nice work there! These kits look good.

Beautifully done! I hope they get these in fountains soon.

Interesting thread. I have a large set of these nice kits from Timberbits as a prize package (for the Bash), only they are all without front sections, so I will be turning the whole lot of them into fountain pens :big grin: I have the M10 x 0.75 die to make my own section for these kits. Will post when done.

Ken

Akula

Ok, I got the one the person contacted me about today in the mail. Closer inspection is the same problem SCROLL3R had...where the chrome tip joins the black coupler came loose. Easy fix with some 2 ton epoxy. I then looked at my others with the problem and they are the same (I watched the threads wearing my glasses) and it's the same...the threads are fine.

It is a non-issue now that we know about it and I look forward to doing many more of these, it is a nice looking heavy pen.

Lenny

I like this set of components when you factor in quality/price .... I don't think you can expect too much (Emperor) but compared to other components in it's price range it fills the spot nicely!
As you have discovered, the parts can be loose fits. When I made my first one http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/royal-aussie-93794/
I mentioned the need to have some blue loctite on hand during assembly. It is much less messy for me then epoxy and should you ever need to take things apart it will be much easier.
I wonder how David is making out getting the bugs worked out of the fountain pen version?

reiddog1

Ok, I think I'm losing my mind here. The title says new spring blossom. What is different from the original one? They look the same to me.

Top Bottom