New slims and a Graduate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rkm6460

rkm6460

Been to stinkin' hot to turn, but managed to get in a little time the last couple of mornings.

Graduate Pen in Curly Eucalyptus
DSC03743_large.JPG

And a couple of slims with blanks from Scott Butler
DSC03745_large.JPG

DSC03746_large.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Wow, wow, wow! That's a beautiful piece of curly Eucalyptus there. It sure made for a beautiful pen. I have never made a Graduate pen before. What can you tell us about the kit?

rkm6460

Graduate kit

It is a nice kit, the only complaint I have are the odd sized tubes. It uses a 10.5mm bit and a .492 in bit, so if you screw up a tube you're left with junking the kit or buying a replacement. Since they are a bit pricey, when I did this I just opted to order a replacement tube for $2. It also makes it a challenge for squaring the blanks if you use the drill press squaring bits...I ended up and turned down some scrap on a 7mm tube that fit inside the Graduate tubes. Someone told me there were some adapters made for this purpose but I had already made my own.

They come in roller ball and fountain, and the thing I really like about this kit is the magnetic cap that posts to either end...nice feature. I think they make the kit for less without this feature...so you have to watch what you are ordering since the bushings are different. It's a PSI kit but available through Woodturningz.

Wow, wow, wow! That's a beautiful piece of curly Eucalyptus there. It sure made for a beautiful pen. I have never made a Graduate pen before. What can you tell us about the kit?

Top Bottom