Status
Not open for further replies.
Black chrome in PVC.

20055153429_blk%20chr%20slim%20pvc.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I like the way it flows without theCB.Nice use of that black component set.
Is it an opical illusion or are the "rings" "proud" of the barrel?
If they are, how did you do it?
<u>___________________________________________________</u>
I should have said it in my original reply but in my haste to go to bed(it was late)
Excellent
Craftsmanship

timdaleiden

That is pretty futuristic looking Glenn. Very neat.

Did you do some hand shaping, or did you not glue the tubes until after adding the rings?

However you did it, the results are striking.

Thanks for the comments, the rings are segments. I drilled and turned the body first, with the tubes inserted but not glued. I cut the body after removing the tubes and glued the segment on one side of each end,drilled through the segment, then glued up the other half of each top and bottom. Then i turned the segment the the diameter I wanted while truing up the center. then I filed with jewelry files and hand sanded the rest. I used car polish for the finish.
Thanks for asking
Glenn

low_48

Glen,
That is an amazing pen, as eagle said, TREMENDOUS CRAFTSMANSHIP!!!!!
PVC is not an easy material to work with, but it is softer than corian.
Could you please comment on your thoughts about using different angles for the rings? Or maybe that's an optical illusion?
It sure is a new innovation, great work!

Rich

Daniel

WOW! nice work. this is really good in so many ways. you held the contrast together very well. the bands are really working for the overall effect. and the raised touch. man you really packed alot of skill into this one. non of those elements just come together easily they can really make or break the overall look. you did extremely well on multiple counts. this pen really captures my attention from nib to finial and all the way back again. really nice photo as well. hope you don't mind but I'm saving this to my ideas file.

Really,everything just came together. I only lost and redid one half of the pen. I used this material because I had a lot on hand in case I needed to make several attempts.Also because it is softer and I felt I could work the segments easier. i did not try to make the two rings the same. I realy was only attempting to complete the process to find out what was needed to do it right the next time, but I was abe to work it out.
Thanks for the positive comments.
Glenn

atvrules1

Beautiful job Glenn. The lines are great, and certainly an attention getter. I think that the line on the upper barrel is even more effective than the lower barrel, but i think that making them the same size would probably detract from the overall look. So my congrats on a design success that is as nicely done as it is unique.

hobby_dale

Excellent looking pen. I hadn't realized you could make one out of PVC, but now I do. Thanks for taking the time to create one and for sharing your results (aka hard work)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom