New to the Site, Here is some of my work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Crashmph

Crashmph

Hi all,

First off, thanks for the valuable information contained here from the collective minds at work.:rotfl: All of your experiences are truly helpful to me.:)

I have made about 15-20 or so pens. I think the European Twist pens are my favorite at the moment. Here is some of my work.:cool: Any constructive criticism, comments, compliments and suggestions are welcome.:biggrin:

Crash

Redheart Euro - Ebony and Yellowheart - Maple end grain - Maple & Lacewood Segmented - Ebony & Maple Segmented - Bubinga

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Hey Crash! Welcome! Nice bunch of Euros, I like the segmented ones. what are you using for a finish? What are you using for glue?

Nice job, great first posting!

Crashmph

Finishes...

Thanks for the positive response...

I have been using Hutt wax for finishes. I tried the glue path for finishing, but even with a chemical respirator the fumes get to my eyes. I tried the friction polish as well; it is OK but the wax seems to be easier for me and there are no fumes either.

I used Gorilla glue (not the wood glue) and pipe clamps to hold the segments together. I tried Gorilla wood glue and Titebond, but they separated on me three out of four attempts. The foaming Gorilla glue works great and the foam is just cut off anyway. To hold the tubes in I used 2P10 Thick.

This seems to work for me now. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Crash

USAFVET98

Crash,
Nice work. I too am a fan of segmented pens. If you want to try something real easy to use and actually smells good is shellawax. It is a friction polish but works well and the smell doesnt get to you. Most places have it in a sample size to try. I am using CA now but I was using and still do sometimes the shellawax.

Crashmph

Many Thanks!

Thanks for the reassurance that I am doing something right.

USAFVET98: Thanks for the info... I will try that out sometime soon. I really like the CA finish, but the fumes are horrid.:mad: During the summer it is not so bad I guess because I can open the garage door then. :)

As soon as I get more done I will try to post them as well.

Top Bottom