New Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Here are my first attempts with the new platings for the Sierra. Both done in an old discontinued resin.

20065344617_GoombaResinSi.jpg

20065344638_GuineaResinSi.jpg

Thanks for looking and particularly to those who share a comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pipes

I love the pen !! Saw the new one at Berea a bout a week ago and you did them proud !! I am gona order some asap gona be a pen I make rg I think ! I like the style a LOT I know some don't but imo its a really good looken pen and the new one is super [:D]

http://affordablepipes.com/

alamocdc

Glad you found a place for that junky old discontinued resin, Lou. [}:)] Both look very nice, but I like the resin on the top one best. I just ordered some of these new platings last night and can't wait to try them. [^]

Dario

Looking great!

I like the bottom one better (plating wise)...somehow the black TN and gold combo doesn't appeal to me that much on this kit.

JimGo

Very nice Lou. I really like the resin in the top one!

I agree with Dario about the combination of platings - I'm not a fan of the TN and gold, at least in the pictures. Does it look any better in person?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I really don't care much for the Sierra, but those look good, Lou.

Plating really looks great with that junky old Italian resin.[:0][:0][:0]

M

Mudder

Hmmm,

How did you get them before they were released and why didn't you "share the wealth"?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for all of the kind comments. Edwin - I think the resin may almost BE antique. I'll check with my source...he would remember! [:D] Billy and others - the resin is the same on both, it's just the angle that has changed. Gerry - I got the gray card but haven't been able to play with it yet. Hopefully by the weekend--then count on an email! Dario and Jim - the gold with the black Ti does look better in person. I think it's a finish that will really work well on certain woods and not well on others. Ed - [:0] Scott and Billy - It's all in the pictures...who they're of and who they're with! [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom